Financial Controller - Director
Crowdbotics is on a mission to democratize the software development process by providing entrepreneurs, product managers, and technical teams with the tools to build applications with zero to minimal coding. Embedded in our DNA are the following beliefs and values:
- open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform.
- open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform should support and embrace them.
- machine-generated code is just a means to an end. It needs to coexist with human-written code, and be readable by humans in order to be truly useful.
- customers stay on our platform because of the openness, flexibility, and value that our platform offers, and not because they are locked into our platform through inaccessible code.
- talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort. We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
Crowdbotics is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our team to develop, lead and execute our Enterprise Marketing Strategy. This is an amazing opportunity to be on the leading edge of taking Crowdbotics into the Enterprise segment. You will work closely with Product Marketing, Sales, Leadership as well as the marketing team to drive growth.
As the Financial Controller, you will have an ASC606 certification, experience with VC fundraising, policy creation and enforcement, and leading financial audits. You will play a pivotal role, encompassing both strategic vision and operational finesse. Reporting directly to the VP of Strategic Finance, your leadership will deliver unparalleled financial insights and drive decision-making across all levels of the organization. Your responsibilities span accounting leadership, financial planning, and systems management, creating a holistic approach to financial success aligned with our company's core values.
- Financial Strategy & Operations:
- Lead and manage the accounting team, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, including month-end close, year-end audit, and G/L analysis.
- Develop and implement internal controls, safeguarding corporate assets and ensuring adherence to company policies.
- Play an integral role in Crowdbotics financial planning, budgeting, and cost management efforts, aligning with the company's strategic goals.
- ERP Management & Financial Analysis:
- Oversee ERP System (Quickbooks) management, leveraging backend customizations and financial data maintenance.
- Provide insightful analysis of financial results, identifying trends, risks, and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Strategic Leadership:
- Contribute to Crowdbotics financial plans, ensuring alignment with strategic growth initiatives and values.
- Stay current with technical accounting standards, regulations, and tax laws, ensuring compliance and accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze complex contracts for proper revenue recognition and financial implications.
- Team Management & Collaboration:
- Mentor, guide, and motivate the accounting team, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting to the company.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, fostering a team-oriented environment and effective communication.
- Process Enhancement & Innovation:
- Evaluate financial systems, processes, and controls, recommending improvements to drive operational efficiency.
- Challenge the status quo, generating innovative ideas that contribute to the Crowdbotics growth and success.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA certification preferred.
- ASC606 Certification
- Leading financial audits
- Creating and enforcing policies
- Significant accounting and financial management experience, including previous leadership roles.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards, regulations, revenue recognition, and income statements.
- Deep experience in VC fundraising
- Proficiency in ERP systems, with experience in Quickbooks Online.
- Familiarity with FP&A tools such as Mosaic, Jira, Pigment.
- Exceptional analytical skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to translate financial data into actionable insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fostering collaboration across teams.
- Strategic mindset, capable of aligning financial activities with organizational objectives.
- Inspirational team leader with a commitment to excellence, integrity, and operational rigor.
- Visionary Strategist: You excel at connecting financial data with strategic decision-making, driving positive outcomes.
- Operational Excellence Champion: Your focus on accuracy and internal controls ensures precise financial reporting.
- Collaborative Leadership: Your team-oriented approach empowers your team to achieve exceptional results.
- Innovative Problem Solver: You thrive in complex environments, identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Purpose-Driven: Your dedication to our mission and values propels our ongoing growth and impact.