Senior DevOps Engineer
Crowdbotics aims to democratize software development by providing everyone with the tools to build and deploy applications. We’ve already published hundreds of thousands of apps, and your contributions will unlock our next million!
Embedded in our DNA are the following beliefs:
- Machine-generated code is only a means to an end. Generated code needs to coexist with human-written code and be readable by humans to be truly useful.
- No vendor lock-in. Users own the code when they generate an application with CB. We refer to this as an “open” platform for application development, and it empowers users to build future-proof businesses on our platform.
- Regarding continued custom application development, talent is global, and we make it accessible to our customers.
We're seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer who believes in our mission and shares our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
- Provisioning via Terraform to AWS and GCP
- Setup and configuration of metric pipelines and databases
- Monitoring and alerting for critical system metrics
- Improving the uptime and reliability of core services
- Exposing deployment controls to end-users so they can migrate their projects between AWS, GCP, and Heroku
- Providing reporting tools that allow us to understand usage and spending by account
- Credential management for third-party services consumed by generated apps
- Linking with Cloudflare DNS management files
- Minimize spending by moving architecture from isolated instances to shared resources
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably with a SaaS or B2B organization
- 3+ years experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience with container orchestration systems for automating software deployment, scaling, and management.
- Experience working on agile teams
- Experience with setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with GitHub Actions and Circle CI
- Knowledge of either Python or Ruby is required (python preferred)
- Experience with Heroku is preferred; Kubernetes or Nomad experience is a plus
- Empathic and good communicator
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience with application development or no-code/low-code platforms
- Previous experience with monitoring systems and time-series databases
- Previous experience in an SRE role
About Crowdbotics 👀
Crowdbotics is a new way to build software using modular parts and a visual build tool. We’ve made the bet that Crowdbotics will become the new normal for how people build software in the next decade — with readymade parts, cloud talent, and automated tools that empower everyone to be a maker.
We see this as the future, and our customers, investors, and the market do too. To that end, Crowdbotics is creating an “Operating System for Application Development.” What exactly does this mean? Crowdbotics has four key facets:
- A no-code engine enables users to build applications without coding, including a way to create database models visually, import screen layouts and designs from common development tools, and visually link screens to external services.
- Workforce management tools enable users to source talent from a curated menu of Crowdbotics experts who can help take your product over the finish line.
- Process and Project Management: We enable users to manage all aspects of their agile development process, including tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Deployment and post-deployment maintenance allow users to one-click deploy their application to various cloud providers and app stores and to provision and manage other infrastructure resources seamlessly.
Top reasons to work for Crowdbotics:
- Work remotely on a globally distributed team with flexible hours.
- Lots of ownership: there are still plenty of challenging problems to solve!
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people keen to collaborate.
- Act as a mentor and contribute to evolving DevOps and team processes.
- Work on infra and pipelines that automate the development and deployment of hundreds of thousands of applications!
Crowdbotics is an E-Verify Employer and this organization participates in E-Verify.