Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
Base Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 DOE
**This position will work onsite in the Oakbrook Terrace office for 2-3 days and 1-2 days remotely.
The value of this position
The Embroker Finance team is looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented Staff Accountant who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The Staff Accountant will have the opportunity to be an integral part of the Accounting team, develop best-in-class processes and procedures, and support the development and implementation of our financial systems roadmap. They will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Controller who bring deep insurance industry, startup, and InsurTech experience. The Staff Accountant role will be critical in continuing to develop efficient processes within the Accounting Team while also supporting the Finance team’s success and the company’s growth.
What you will own in this role
- A key member of the accounting department with ownership and involvement in:
- Monthly accounting close process (journal entries, account reconciliations, internal controls)
- Audit/tax prep work
- Solutioning issues related to Billing/collections & cash settlement processes
- Reconciliation and payment of recurring vendor payments
- Support the company expense management process, from onboarding new vendors to tracking and reporting corporate spend
- Participate and lead Ad Hoc accounting project work
- Support financial systems roadmap, including systems implementations & integrations
- Support the filing & payment of state taxes and fees and other regulatory reports in accordance with local state laws and regulations
- Assist in developing best-in-class accounting procedures, policies, and processes
- Support the development and standardization of key control metrics across the Finance function
What experience we believe is the right fit
- 0-3 years experience
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (CPA a plus)
- Previous experience with Salesforce or NetSuite software is a plus
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Comfortable in a quick and dynamic environment
The Embroker Pack lives by three core values that have taken us from an idea to a growing, well-funded player in the Insurtech space.
We succeed and fail as one team. We optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play, and positive energy.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do to make our Pack stronger and more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized communities.
Something looks off?