Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
We are looking for a Head of FP&A to lead and build Embroker’s growing Financial Planning & Analysis to help propel the business into its next phase of growth. You will play a key role in driving forward-looking analyses, data-driven insights and help influence executive-level strategic decisions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the CFO and the Executive Team, engage with senior leaders in Sales, Insurance, Marketing, People, and Business Operations, develop relationships with third-party partners, and solve diverse problems that will have a critical impact on Embroker’s near- and long-term success.
- Be a strategic partner to the CEO, CFO, Executive Team and teams across the organization to help answer complex, cross-functional questions and identify areas of opportunity that influence Embroker’s strategic direction
- Own Embroker’s bottoms-up financial plan and forecast model, including accurate financial reporting, and help adapt the model as needed for the growing complexity of the business
- Prepare department-level targets, KPIs and P&Ls that business leaders will be held accountable for and keep a close pulse on Embroker’s overall performance relative to plan on a monthly and quarterly basis; identify discrepancies quickly and work with relevant teams to understand the root cause and iterate, as necessary
- Build and support management reporting at Embroker, including deep dives that support opportunities for growth and margin improvement across products, distribution channels, and functions
- Serve as a stakeholder in decisions on new growth opportunities and prepare quantitative and qualitative analyses to support build, buy, or partner decisions
- Work closely with product and vertical owners to develop a deep understanding of each of Embroker’s digital products and bespoke coverage solutions including their key drivers of growth along all aspects of the funnel
- Drive and implement continuous improvement initiatives into all forecasting and budgeting processes, reporting, and modeling
- Engage with leaders to support fundraising efforts and regularly prepare materials for use in board and / or investor presentations
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in an financial analysis role at a high-growth startup, insurance company, or investment banking, consulting, private equity, or venture capital firm
- You have a highly analytical mindset and strong attention to detail; you are comfortable working with large quantities of unstructured data and can combine qualitative / anecdotal data with quantitative data to drive actionable insights
- You have a “roll up your sleeves” approach to both working in the details of financial models, data warehouses and designing reporting
- You have built and scaled FP&A teams encouraging team development and growth while attracting and retaining the highest caliber of talent
- You have strong communication skills and experience working directly with stakeholders across an organization to analyze problems, propose recommendations, and implement solutions
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to manage competing deadlines for various stakeholders simultaneously
- You have excellent Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets skills and a basic understanding of (or a willingness to learn) SQL and / or Looker
The Embroker Pack lives by three core values that have taken us from an idea to a growing, well-funded player in the Insurtech space.
We succeed and fail as one team. We optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play, and positive energy.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do to make our Pack stronger and more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized communities.