Head of Clinical Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, Foodsmart has supported over 1.5 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, and raised over $70 million in funding from leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Aurora Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Seventure (Natixis), Mayfield and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
Foodsmart is seeking a highly skilled, challenge-driven, and motivated Head of Clinical Operations to lead our provider network. The Head of Clinical Operations will be accountable for the delivery of high quality care, maximizing patient retention and engagement, and exceeding Foodsmart’s patient growth targets, clinical outcomes, and revenue goals. This individual will collaborate with various teams to enhance adherence to clinical programs, improve outcomes, and drive growth. The Head of Clinical Operations will be responsible for managing a team of high-performing managers and our expanding provider network, including both full-time and independent contractor providers.
The ideal candidate understands the healthcare industry and uses data to drive strategic decision-making. This candidate has a proven track record of executing on key financial, capacity, efficiency, quality and patient experience initiatives.
- Lead and manage the clinical provider team, nurturing a strong team culture and optimizing provider satisfaction and retention that results in positive impact on members and their health
- Define Provider Group strategy and roadmap to optimize Foodsmart's virtual care model, drive patient outcomes, and achieve strong clinical ROI
- Collaborate with clinical operations team to engage providers in clinical programs and design new offerings to drive outcomes
- Monitor provider team schedules, utilization, and operational needs to maximize bookings
- Leverage supply/demand planning models to make sure existing clients have adequate ongoing provider capacity in a sustainable manner
- Establish and track clinical OKRs to align with business OKRs
- Develop performance dashboards to regularly monitor OKRs and iterate as necessary
- Execute against measurable financial, capacity, efficiency, quality, and patient experience goals and KPIs
- Proactively identify new opportunities to grow and expand Foodsmart’s clinical team
- Highly emotionally intelligent and self-aware; able to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them
- A great people leader: effective at deploying coaching including 1:1 conversations, patient shadowing, and group trainings
- Excellent at identifying automation opportunities and implementing them fast
- Strong with leveraging data and analytics, and can build/understand models to address business challenges and drive business growth and innovation
- At least 8 years of telehealth, clinical, or marketplace operational experience
- 5+ years of managing large teams in an operational leadership role
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment, with a track record of scaling teams while maintaining clinical quality and provider satisfaction
- Experience building employee supply/demand models and utilization planning to cover demand needs
- Experience using data and analytics to inform decision making
- High level of executive presence and proven track record interacting externally with clients/partners to achieve performance objectives
About our Benefits:
- Remote-First Company
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible & remote location (Bay Area preferred)
- Healthcare Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k, bonus, & stock options
- Commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement Role
Role: Head of Clinical Operations
Base Salary Range: $170,000/yr to $200,000/yr + equity + bonus + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Foodsmart is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.