Senior Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, Foodsmart has supported over 1.5 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, and raised over $70 million in funding from leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Aurora Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Seventure (Natixis), Mayfield and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
The Data Analyst will join our dynamic team responsible for managing and interpreting data to provide actionable insights to our operations and product teams. The Data Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining cutting-edge analytic systems, conducting data analysis to derive business insights, and designing scalable data models and pipelines. This role also involves collaborating closely with stakeholders from various departments to prioritize business and information needs, and presenting data-driven recommendations to the executive team.
- Own the development, implementation, and maintenance of advanced analytic systems, simplifying intricate problems through streamlined frameworks.
- Conduct thorough data analysis to uncover valuable business insights, trends, and growth opportunities.
- Design, build, and manage scalable data models and pipelines within our data warehouse.
- Identify, interpret, and analyze patterns and trends within complex datasets.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering to prioritize data-driven decision-making.
- Proactive and act as an advocate for your customers
- Take pride in your work and approach every project with enthusiasm and excitement
- Experienced in data warehousing, data design, and data analysis.
- Knowledgeable of healthcare industry standards and compliance regulations.
- Accumulated 2-3 years of experience in a data analyst role, preferably within healthcare or startup environments.
- Proficiency in SQL and other data manipulation languages.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Power BI.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, with a preference for Python or R.
- A self-starting attitude, capable of thriving in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Familiarity with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistical models.
Foodsmart is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.