Director of Strategic Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, Foodsmart has supported over 1.5 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, and raised over $70 million in funding from leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Aurora Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Seventure (Natixis), Mayfield and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
The Director of Strategic Partnerships role at Foodsmart is a pivotal growth position within our organization. As part of the growth team, you will function as an independent leader of new partnerships and contracts with B2B clients in the healthcare industry, including health plans, healthcare delivery systems, government entities, etc. Your primary mission is to identify key decision makers and stakeholders, uncover their critical problems and priorities, propose and design formal partnerships with Foodsmart to solve for key customer objectives, and close contracts for telenutrition services and platform utilization. You will serve as a highly autonomous growth executive (individual contributor) given the flexibility and freedom to build and execute industry changing partnerships.
- Develop and manage end-to-end (prospecting to close) business growth opportunities with a diverse portfolio of B2B health care industry partners, including health plans, healthcare delivery organizations, enterprise employers, etc.
- Build strong, trust-based relationships with senior executives and key decision makers across many functions within prospective organizations.
- Design, execute, and launch successful partnerships with healthcare organizations within which you will have total deal/project responsibility and ownership
- Deliver revenue growth through the partnerships you've cultivated in alignment with Foodsmart's revenue targets
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments at Foodsmart to strategize and lead the successful launch of new partnerships.
- A veteran sales executive with a tremendous track record of success with closing large, complex deals in healthcare
- Distinguished in presenting and public speaking, both in-person and virtually, and can document your success in this arena
- Proactive and act as a tireless advocate for your customers.
- Successful in working autonomously, and you learn and adapt very quickly with minimal oversight
- Comfortable working under pressure and thrive in a dynamic fast paced work environment
- Driven to distinguish yourself as remarkable sales executive by delivering exceptional results from the partnerships you create
- 5+ years of healthcare sales experience in progressive roles of responsibility and scope
- Proven documented success exceeding sales goals, including in enterprise sales with long cycles.
- A high level of expertise in closing 7-8 figure deals, adept at skillfully maneuvering complex, protracted deal negotiations.
- A compelling track record of executive presence and acumen, excelling in negotiations with C-suite level decision-makers.
- Knowledge of health insurance across different lines of business (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial).
- Possess allied health credentials (e.g., RDN, RN, PT, OT) or relevant healthcare qualifications. Healthcare industry experience accepted in place of clinical training (e.g., healthcare management, public health, healthcare quality).
- Proficiency in population health and healthcare quality improvement concepts.
- Well-versed in intricate health plan operations, contracting, and provider contracting/credentialing.
- Understanding of telehealth, digital health, wellness, or nutrition.
- Previous experience directing and managing large, multi-faceted projects to successful completion, launch and expansion.
About our benefits and perks:
Flexible & remote location (Bay Area preferred)
Healthcare Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
401k, bonus, & stock options
Foodsmart is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.