Community Health Outreach Coordinator - Spanish Speaking
Tucson, AZ, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, Foodsmart has supported over 1.5 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, and raised over $70 million in funding from leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Aurora Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Seventure (Natixis), Mayfield and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
The Foodcare Outreach team is a dedicated group responsible for promoting Foodsmart's foodcare program in partnership with Banner - University Family Care. This full-time contractual position plays a pivotal role in increasing enrollment in the Foodsmart program by identifying community partners and events, and creating a strategy to increase enrollment through onsite activations and referrals. We are seeking a candidate who possesses strong interpersonal skills, a deep knowledge of the Arizona community, and a passionate belief in Foodsmart's commitment to food as medicine.
- Identify active Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs), minority owned businesses, and women Owned businesses that serve the population of Banner - University Health.
- Cultivate relationships with identified organizations to help increase the awareness of the foodcare program.
- Define scope of partnership with organizations including referral pathways, events, and direct outreach campaigns.
- Work with the Foodsmart content team to create content for events and enrollment campaigns in partnership with local organizations.
- Identify local events and analyze opportunities for onsite Foodsmart presence.
- Attend enrollment events to raise awareness of the Foodsmart and Banner - University Family Care foodcare program.
- Provide education to diverse and underserved populations about healthy eating, disease prevention and management, and SNAP benefits.
- Screen event attendees for eligibility and schedule nutrition counseling appointments.
- Motivate and encourage eligible members to complete nutrition programing screening exams for which they are eligible.
- Assist in preparing event materials such as flyers, recipe cards, appointment confirmation sheets, etc.
- Maintain a comprehensive log of activities and the outcome of each to review with the internal team.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly meetings and calls with the internal team and client team when necessary.
- Based within 30 miles of Tucson and are able to travel to surrounding areas
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish.
- Proactive and act as an advocate for your community.
- Able to work effectively in difficult situations that involve confidential and sensitive matters.
- Committed to building effective working relationships with colleagues, senior staff, and community members.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willing and able to travel to community events and health centers..
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is required.
- The ability to travel to work sites throughout Tucson and surrounding areas is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the capacity to maintain tracking of event enrollment and other partnership activities.
- The flexibility to handle other duties as assigned.
Foodsmart is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.