Customer Support Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Foodsmart has supported over 1.8 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, with leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Health, Intermountain Health, Memorial Hermann, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Mayfield Fund and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
The Customer Support team is a vital part of Foodsmart, ensuring the best possible customer experience.The Customer Support Manager is responsible for leading and managing the team to achieve excellent customer support outcomes. This role is essential in enhancing the overall customer experience and ensuring customer satisfaction. Foodsmart is seeking a team member to join the Customer Support team who can bring leadership and innovation to deliver top-notch customer service.
- Leadership and Team Management
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a team of customer service professionals, fostering a culture of excellence, teamwork and service quality.
- Set clear goals, expectations, and KPIs for the team to achieve outstanding customer support outcomes.
- Conduct regular meetings to review performance metrics, address concerns and to ensure all team members are informed of updates and changes to processes or policies.
- Customer Experience Enhancement
- Empathize with customers especially those with limited technology experience
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure exceptional customer experiences at every touchpoint.
- Monitor customer feedback, analyze data, and use insights to drive improvements in customer support processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address customer pain points and enhance the overall customer journey.
- Support System Migration - Spearhead the transition to a new telephony system including flow design, inbound phone number transition, inquiry prioritization, inquiry routing, etc.
- Multi-language IVR - Implementation of an IVR with multi-language capabilities aimed at escalating certain calls and rerouting others to help-docs with ability to send SMS texts messages with helpful links. This IVR will extend 12+ levels and should aim to direct and automate inquiries to appropriate resources.
- Multi-language Chatbot - The IVR and Chatbot should leverage the same framework with the goal of reducing the need for human interaction and increase the reliance on supporting articles and communications.
- Customer Facing Knowledge Base - Migrate and update existing support microsite to the new interface and/or website. Ensure the micro-site follows a similar flow design as the IVR and chatbot to guide users to their desired resources and properly prioritize content.
- Infrastructure Evaluation - Create a model for necessary staffing and tools to identify any gaps in flows or staffing that need to be addressed in order to properly manage current support inquiries.
- Internal Registered Dietitian Support System - Foodsmart Registered Dietitians raise a large number of inquiries while interacting with customers and have operating questions of their own. We need a system to organize, prioritize and route these inquiries appropriately.
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and entrepreneurial thinking to streamline customer support operations and increase efficiency.
- Monitor and analyze customer feedback, drawing insights to improve the customer experience and service quality.
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Utilize data analytics and metrics to track customer success performance to ensure the company remains at the forefront of industry.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management, highlighting key performance indicators, trends, and improvement opportunities.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Collaborate with Sales and Product teams to ensure alignment on customer needs and product/service enhancements.
- Proactive and act as an advocate for your customers.
- Take pride in your work and approach every project with enthusiasm and excitement.
- Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with customers and internal teams.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and a customer-centric approach.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and HIPAA consent authorization
- Minimum 5+ years of customer support experience.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a customer success, customer service, or related field.
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset with a track record of driving innovation and process improvements.
- Proficiency in data analysis and familiarity with customer support software and CRM systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Robust expertise in building and managing sophisticated customer support workflows to be leveraged in an IVR, chatbot and inbound automated response system
- Advanced knowledge of customer support automation tools
- B2B2C customer support experience
- Healthcare support experience
- Experience in fast-paced start-up environment
- Expert in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Use of AI/predictive modeling to optimize support medium and efficiency
- Experience with Zendesk, Five9, Intercom support softwares or comparable software
About our benefits and perks:
Flexible & remote location
Healthcare Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
401k, bonus, & stock options
Foodsmart is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.