Director, Client Development
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Foodsmart has supported over 1.8 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, with leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Health, Intermountain Health, Memorial Hermann, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Mayfield Fund and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
As Director, Client Development, you will manage a portfolio of some of our high value, high growth clients including leading health systems and health plans. You will lead all key activities including ongoing service delivery, relationship building at the executive and lower levels, account strategy development, project expansion to meet growth targets and contract renewals. You will coordinate closely with your clients and Marketing to develop campaigns that drive clinically appropriate telenutrition adoption. You will also work with Product and Engineering teams on ongoing implementation needs, and other internal teams such as Finance, Sales and Clinical Operations.
- Provide first class account management from project launch through the contract lifecycle to ensure ongoing client satisfaction and support. This includes up-leveling relationships within your accounts to ensure we have sponsorship across the organization at both main point of contact and decision making levels to drive partnership success.
- Manage annual revenue retention and growth for your client portfolio. You will develop and execute on account plans that support long-term growth and align with client and company goals.
- Understand data well and are data driven to make changes in account strategy. You will interpret and report out ROI and clinical metrics to our clients that are crucial value drivers to both their organizational success and Foodsmart relationship success.
- Be responsible for delivering marketing campaigns that drive enrollment and engagement that will ultimately lead to client satisfaction. Use previous marketing knowledge and experience to work closely with the Foodsmart marketing team to take existing materials and adapt them to your client needs, and to co-create marketing campaigns based on your clients' situations.
- Motivated, collaborative, a quick learner, self-sufficient, and driven by excellence in execution
- Knowledgeable of how health insurance companies serve members across LOBs (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) and have an understanding of health systems
- Experienced in working directly with marketing agencies/internal teams, and cross-functional internal and external teams
- Passionate about our company mission and impacting health outcomes at scale
- An excellent communicator, a strategic thinker and able to align multiple stakeholders to drive decisions and action
- 6+ years of experience in a healthcare consulting, healthcare services or clinical services company in a client facing/relationship development role. Experience in a startup or small company environment a plus
- A demonstrated history of exceeding performance based metrics with clients
- Experience in growing a book of business and exceeding ARR through client sales, upselling and contract renewals
- Experience in analyzing clinical outcomes, marketing data and campaign development
- Background working with executive level clients and gaining approvals on new strategies/tactics informed by regulatory filings and networking within the account
- Understanding of complex contracting and provider agreements within health plans as well as health system contracting processes
- Understanding of telehealth, wellness or nutrition space a plus
About our benefits and perks:
Flexible & remote location
Medical, vision, & dental insurance
401k, bonus, & stock options
Commuter benefit (For Bay Area or Denver residents)
Foodsmart is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.