Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money.
Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Foodsmart has supported over 2 million members from over 700 health plans, employers and health system clients, with leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Health, Intermountain Health, Memorial Hermann, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Mayfield Fund and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
Foodsmart is changing the career trajectory for Registered Dietitians nationwide. We are seeking a Registered Dietitian (RD) to fulfill the critical role of Clinical Liaison, who will be the voice of the incredible value that RDs bring to a comprehensive continuum of care. In addition, the Clinical Liaison will actively support the sales/growth efforts as a valuable member of the Foodsmart Growth team, providing expertise to current and potential partners across the healthcare industry.
- External Functions:
- Articulate to business partners how Foodsmart RDs drive population health improvement through medical nutrition therapy (MNT)/nutrition counseling for better management of disease and improved health, behavior change around food habits authentic to their lived experience, and guidance on how to navigate their food decisions within their environment;
- Infuse your own clinical experience as an RD to proactively recommend solutions to partners’ challenges;
- Leverage your excellent public speaking skills by presenting alongside the Foodsmart Growth team, demonstrating the proven success the Foodsmart nutrition program has brought to other partners, and provide live demonstrations of Foodsmart’s programs and technologies that help drive our stellar outcomes;
- Synthesize clinical research and emerging evidence to develop cogent recommendations regarding nutrition program design;
- Advise business partners on clinical programmatic design and operations implementation of nutrition and food security programs at population scale;
- Internal Functions:
- Bring partners’ priorities and expectations to life by liaising with the Foodsmart clinical operations function to operationalize population health nutrition programs;
- Maintain subject matter expertise regarding relevant federal and state policy that govern clinical practice, and lead internal workflows that scale Foodsmart clinical operations accordingly;
- Lean on your clinical experience as an RD to conceptualize clinical best practices, and develop clinical pathways and workflows that improve operations while maximizing outcomes;
- Advise on new program training, RD internal education and provider continuous quality improvement campaigns;
- A licensed RD with clinical expertise in nutrition practice
- Nutritionists, health coaches, or those without RD/RDN registration/licensure will not be considered and should not apply.
- Knowledgeable about health plans, with a focus on government-sponsored plans such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Experienced in business growth functions, including sales, business development, or equivalent
- Proficient in public speaking or sales presentations, with a demonstrated history of excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition Science/Dietetics required; Master’s degree in Nutrition/related (MS), Public Health (MPH), Healthcare Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA), or equivalent strongly desired.
- 3-5+ years of experience in external-facing, sales/business development/partnership/business management experience required.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and presenting; experience presenting to very level stakeholders and decision makers (VP, C-suite) of healthcare companies.
- Previous experience in patient-facing clinical practice required.
- Current registration (and licensure as applicable) in good standing as a Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics via the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Foodsmart is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.