Product Manager Intern (Paid)
The ingredient, polymer and chemical industries are going through a digital transformation. Suppliers and distributors that adopt modern, digital strategies will succeed. More than 8,000 of the world's largest suppliers and distributors use Knowde to accelerate their digital transformation and drive business growth.
Knowde solves the root of the problem holding the industry back from successful digital transformation: organizing and digitizing product data. Knowde’s Proprietary Knowledge Engine extracts, cleanses and organizes unstructured product data in a matter of weeks, creating product master data in a PIM system that powers business tools, internal teams, and amazing online customer experiences.
Knowde instantly transforms how customers discover, engage and transact with suppliers and distributors online — on your existing website, Knowde’s marketplace or both.
To realize our vision, we've raised over $110M from the world's leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue. They recognize that digitally transforming the chemical industry will increase the pace of innovation globally.
Come Join Us!
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented Associate Product Manager. This early career position is vital. You'll help analyze, document and drive the day-to-day product work at Knowde as well as acting as product owner for an agile scrum team.
Our Associate Product Manager loves detail, analysis, documentation and understands the inter-dependencies of systems and how those systems are built. This talented team member will spend their days working with the design and engineering team making sure that every engineering question is answered and every user path is traced, every conditional logic route is explored, handled and noted. They love human-centered design, user flow charts, “if, then; else” statements, pseudo code, swim lane diagrams, use cases and writing clear, complete user stories. They will document and annotate the logic of our system and serve as a walking encyclopedia of how the Knowde system functions from a user’s perspective. They are the UX oracle ready with an answer to any question the engineering team might throw at them.
They will work as a key member of the Product team and directly with our Product Designers, along with our Engineering team to refine, detail, and document our designs so that all the questions are answered when building our rich UI/UX. They will be a core contributor to the design process enhancing and detailing the concept designs. We’re looking for a creative person who loves both engineering and UX and wants to get arms-deep into documenting design decisions that help engineering deliver great products.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with Product Managers to execute on product strategy
- Work closely with Engineering to help define requirements and estimate work
- Provide support to accelerate the speed of Knowde’s development cycle
- Assist in the go-to-market motion by working directly with Product Marketing and Design to create marketing materials, document product behavior, write customer-facing help guides, and more
- Conduct market research to understand customer needs and problems, connect directly with real users
- Grow your PM skill set and eventually own smaller features end-to-end, be responsible for writing PRDs and working directly with Product Designers
Who You Are
- You’re hungry for real-world Product Management experience
- You’re driven internally, able to take the initiative and push yourself forward
- You’re someone who is excited by the possibility of being able to raise your hand and ask for more control, autonomy, and responsibility
- You’re a quick learner who is passionate about improving your abilities and learning new skills from experienced mentors
- You love a challenge and don’t give up easily
- You thrive when working independently and collaboratively
- You’re attracted to start-up culture where you can work fast and make decisions quickly
What You Should Have
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing, computer science, or a related field
- Familiarity with product management concepts, principles, and tools (Jira/Confluence, Asana, Figma, Google Suite)
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience working in software development or a related field
- Knowledge of UX design processes and methods
- Basic data analysis skills
Our Perks & Benefits
- We offer “Knerds” a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- 401K program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Fully remote position
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.