Senior Software Engineer - Internal Tools (Full-Stack) (Remote)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
We started Super to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
Internal Tools mission is to build tools and services for our engineers and business teams in order to automate repetitive processes and extend their capabilities. Basically, if something manual should be automated: we scope, build, and maintain it; from our custom Chatbot apps that control our CI/CD pipeline, to the tools our customer support agents use, and beyond.
About the tech: the architecture is powered by micro-services, written primarily in Python (Flask), React, Redis, and Postgres for storage with a focus on scalability and maintainability. We use Gitlab for version control, build CI/CD pipelines using Docker with Kubernetes runners, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS. We invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using Datadog, and integrate this data into creating self-healing systems. We leverage data insights using Snowflake & Looker to facilitate data-driven decision making and experimentation.
About this role
We are looking for a senior-level full-stack engineer, with a primary focus on Python, to build amazing internal products that enable our teams to scale sublinearly. An engineer who is always thinking about system design, driving the architecture decisions, and mentoring the team to reach high-quality results. A motivated self-starter who will help to set expectations with stakeholders and be a bridge for technical advice and task’s statuses. If you love automating toil, creating useful UXs to aid engineering debugging and customer support, and observing the impact of your work on your colleagues’ and users’ happiness and productivity, this is the role for you!
- Ship high-impact projects end-to-end in an ever-changing, iterative environment
- Have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and observe the impact of your work on the company’s productivity and user experience
- Own features and services including: deployment, monitoring, debugging, and testing
- Lead by example with the architecture design decisions
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews and mentoring junior developers
- Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
- 5+ years of experience in software development, 3+ years hands-on experience with Python, with moderate experience in React
- Have experience working with microservices, caches, databases, and are comfortable with system design
- Interested in building products in a startup environment: being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and are able to drive elaborate projects end-to-end
- Strong communication skills and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning, and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Professional experience working with web services and/or internal tools
Nice to have
- Experience working with Celery and job queues
- Experience interfacing with third-party APIs
We've got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.
See more open positions at Snapcommerce
Something looks off?