Email Marketing & Lifecycle Strategist (REMOTE)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
WHAT IS INDIEGOGO?
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner. Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
We’re a remote-first organization with teammates across the nation. We're a team of inventors, musicians, triathletes, activists, filmmakers, and writers, united by our love for the creativity and ingenuity we help enable across our site. We are a team of committed, results-driven industry leaders and pioneers who are passionate about our mission: To empower people to unite around the ideas that matter to them and together bring those ideas to life!
Indiegogo’s Email Marketing & Lifecycle Strategist will report to the Director of Performance Marketing, and take responsibility for email marketing campaigns and lifecycle email execution from conception through analysis.
- Curate, program, and deploy weekly email newsletters, under the guidance of the Director of Performance Marketing
- Build out lifecycle automation flows; overseeing program implementation, maintenance, and reporting
- Manage the campaign promotional schedule across web and email platforms––a revenue-driving business function
- Email copywriting that converts campaign-generated content into email marketing copy that maps to the brand voice, tone, and style
- Analyze and report on email performance using data coming from Indiegogo’s ESP, internal analytics platform, and Google Analytics
- As needed support for the marketing team with HTML development of WordPress landing pages
- 3+ years of related experience
- Previous experience with email marketing and/or CRM required
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, and highly organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working well across all levels of management and with various teams
- Adepts at using data to craft marketing strategies and new email concepts
- Understanding of Data-Driven Marketing, especially: Lifecycle Marketing, Email Marketing, Newsletter management, Product Merchandising, and Digital Marketing
- Knowledge of best practices with customer data and privacy policies
- Advanced Excel and Looker skills preferred
- Crowdfunding or E-commerce experience a plus
Although we are remote-first, we will from time to time get together in person, primarily for strategic sessions, creative brainstorming, and team-building activities.
It is expected that you are available to travel within the United States for in-person events up to 1 week per quarter, business requirements will vary based on role and responsibility. Annual full company offsite typically occurs a week in April
We are currently accepting applications from all parts of the US. However, international applicants are not currently accepted for the HQ team. Please note that all qualified candidates should have US sponsorship or residency to work in the US.
For this role, our target annual base salary range is $75k - $85k. Final compensation is to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
This position comes with:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Life & disability insurance
- Pet insurance
- Tax-advantaged health accounts
- 401k (Traditional & Roth)
- Mental health & fertility services
- Unlimited vacation + Company holidays
- Paid week-long Winter & Summer Break
- Sick & Safe Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- And more!
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO. Indiegogo is committed to respecting your privacy as a job applicant. Please visit our Job Applicant Privacy Statement in our Privacy Portal for more information on your privacy rights and how Indiegogo processes your personal information.