Senior Analytics Engineer (Remote)
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this Role
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our growing Data & Analytics team! As a Sr. Analytics Engineer at Super.com, you will evolve our foundational data infrastructure to support our expansion into new verticals. You will own the analytics infrastructure for these products end-to-end -- from data ingestion to reporting -- ensuring high data quality and availability for our core data sets. You will work with the business, engineering, and analytics teams to lay the foundation for effective reporting and analysis needed to scale up these ventures. As a senior member of the team, you’ll promote strong standards throughout the organization and help level-up team members through the adoption of software engineering best-practices.
- Data-Driven Culture: You will be an ambassador for our data-driven culture, taking data and shaping it to facilitate analysis, insight generation, and decision-making
- Data Management: You will ingest, clean and organize raw data in a way that makes sense for both you and the team
- Project Management: You will lead data projects from ingestion to reporting, showing your ability to manage scope and work with ambiguity
- Collaborative Execution: You will liaise between Business, Engineering, and Data to translate business requirements into proper data capture and schema design
- Data Strategy: You will help shape the data model at Super.com, which will advance our broader analytics strategy
- Teamwork: You will coach data analysts and junior analytics engineers, helping them level-up technically and adopt software-engineering best practices
- 3+ years of work experience as an analytics engineer, data engineer, or full-stack data analyst
- You are experienced in SQL, with an emphasis on writing performant code
- You are a data modelling expert and have designed schemas before at previous organizations, ideally using DBT
- You have a strong understanding of data warehouses and the modern data stack
- You have a track record of delivering projects, including datasets that were used to drive key business decisions
- You can self-serve by building ELT pipelines and reverse ETL pipelines using off-the-shelf tools, Airbyte connectors, or simple DAGs in Airflow leveraging Python
- You have experience leveraging tools for data governance, data quality testing, and documentation
- You can clearly communicate about technical subjects to non-technical people, and behave as a liaison between Business, Engineering, and Analytics
We've got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on Super Travel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.