Chief Product Officer (CPO) /Head of Product (Remote)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
The Product team at Super.com is a high-performing and fast-paced team of product managers, product designers, user researchers, and program managers who are passionate about creating meaningful, impactful products that help our millions of customers experience more of what life has to offer. Our team is focused on building products that solve real customer problems and drive business growth in close collaboration with cross functional peers in engineering, data, growth, marketing, operations, etc. We are empowered to think outside the box, challenge the status quo and are passionate about product best practices with a strong data driven experimentation culture. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes and create an environment that supports learning and growth.
About this role
We are looking for a CPO (“Head of Product”) to lead and grow our 20-person Product Management and Product Design teams. Reporting directly to the Co-Founder, this is among the highest-impact roles in the organization. Our success or failure will come with the strength of our products, the solutions they provide for customers, and our capacity to get products into the hands of customers. Working with other key members of the leadership team, you’ll help bring the company vision and mission to life through researching, ideating, implementing, launching, and iterating on new and existing products in the context of the strategic objectives of the company. With your team of product managers, program managers, product owners, designers and user researches, you will help define the product vision, roadmap and org structure, while continually actualizing against the company’s mission to help customers get more of what life has to offer, regardless of their income or circumstance.
Historically, the company focused on its low-frequency, lower retention, and higher-intent travel product. With the launch of new business lines, we are transitioning low-frequency product to a daily and weekly-use products, we need to reimagine how our customers engage with us, and deliver a unified product experience that will retain and excite customers across our verticals (travel, shopping, fintech), while always focusing on the problems they need to address.
- Define the Super.com’s product vision, translating the company mission into a clear product vision and unifying distinct products/line of businesses into one seamless product experience
- Drive the product strategy, define roadmaps, and guide decisions on where to invest to drive value for our business and customers from a holistic product<>market<>channel<>model fit view
- Organize and drive your team to deliver actualization against roadmaps and OKRs while collaborating with other functional leads to ensure we ship feature-rich products faster, error-free
- Drive product outcomes and metrics to the company’s north stars, balancing revenue objectives with investment in more strategic, longer-term product development
- Develop and grow the team to successfully deliver on their product areas, provide thought leadership to help them when facing obstacles, and invest in their continuous improvement and career growth
- Champion a customer-centric culture, constantly questioning and testing assumptions and biases around the needs and wants of our customers and using research to inform decision making
- Leverage extensive knowledge of metrics and data to inform the product strategy, translating test results and insights into a causal understanding of the levers that will result in impactful products
- You have 7+ years of experience in a senior Product Leadership role leading a team of 10+ Product folks in a fast-moving B2C company with 1M+ users
- Seasoned authority in building and owning product roadmaps for both the longer term (strategic) and short term (tactical) and getting buy-in across the company
- Great written and verbal communication and can successfully spread product thinking throughout the organization
- Propensity to thrive in ambiguity with a flexible operating range and constantly call into question assumptions and biases and motivating teams to do the same
- Naturally entrepreneurial with a get-stuff-done mindset with experience in taking measured risks backed by data and strong hypotheses
- Ability to go deep (or direct a team to go deep) on a problem, uncover root causes and find pockets of opportunity anywhere / everywhere via first principles
Nice to have
- Excited by formal product techniques, frameworks, and analytical methods
- Operate with humility and a growth mindset - always seeking to up-level yourself and the organization
- Like to ask hard questions, validate their assumptions, and make sure the dots connect to goals
- Experience managing design and research teams
We've got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface – check out our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.