Director of Product Design (Remote)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
As we build a world class "super app," our customers hold high expectations for our company. Super’s design team faces the exhilarating task of harmonizing the data from user research, analytics and the strategic opportunities from the product management team into a world-class design. We collaborate across verticals, improving how our customers save on travel to designing experiences to help them save with cashback and credit-building. Our designers enable immediate experiments while also pushing the vision of what Super will be, and our UXR team derives key insights from customer research and creates access for anyone to talk directly to our customers. If you are looking for a fast paced team focused on solving really big challenges with a passion for the customer, data-driven decisions, and magic, then this is the place for you.
About this role
We’re looking for a seasoned Head of Product Design who is ready to lead and mold our designers and UX researchers into a department future designers dream of joining. Ultimately, the Director of Product Design is accountable for the entire customer experience as well as the performance of the product design team. We are looking for a leader and mentor that will develop talent, take ownership, and set a strong vision for how our products will scale into the future. You will own the outcomes for product quality and set forth the product design direction so that we deliver user-friendly, magical experiences that drive business outcomes. If you are passionate about building teams, initiating and executing on vision, and raising the bar, then you’re the person we want.
- The Director of Product Design (“Head of Product Design”) spends about half of the time overseeing and owning the whole product experience while splitting the rest of the time predominantly between building the org with creating and executing on design vision. Top responsibilities include:
- Delivering excellent experiences to our customers: Empower and guide the design org to deliver world-class product designs to engineering and ensure what hits the streets is magical, usable, and exceeds our customer expectations.
- Own the outcome for product design: Be accountable for quality metrics on usability and NPS while delivering experiences that drive better conversion, activation, retention, and growth.
- Managing the team and developing talent: You’ll identify, recruit, and mentor our 10+ designers and researchers to meet and exceed a high bar for performance and identify where the company needs resourcing to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Generating powerful, actionable insights that translate into design: Through research, interviews, and analysis; guide the UXR team and our usability testing to ensure the company is getting the right data to make the right decisions on what our customers want and need with our products.
- Creating and governing processes for designers to win: Collaborate with leaders on the PDLC, advocate for product quality, and create a team that follows best practices in a collaborative setting.
- Leading design strategy and influencing direction: Use data, examples, and sway to create the vision for where the product design should head, paving the way for dynamic experiences that allow us to scale into new PMMC fits while reinforcing existing paths.
- Advocating for the customer and quality: Elevate the voice of designers to have impact through delivering wins, and push forward a culture that deeply cares about serving our customers through high-quality products.
- 3+ years leading and managing large-scale consumer products in the United States, with 6+ years of experience in product design
- Managed and grew large design organizations of 10+ people
- Excellence in mobile design for web and native with access to a portfolio and/or live products to prove it
- Proven track record of delivering products to market that scale
- Carry an attitude of ownership and initiative
- Data driven and comfortable with product analytics (amplitude), experimentation, analysis
Nice to have
- Multi-industry experience, especially in fintech, travel, or e-commerce
- Located in Pacific Time Zone (though not mandatory)
- Understanding of product management best practices and scalable design systemsHeart for coaching and building excellent teams
We've got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.