Quality Assurance Analyst (Remote)
IT, Quality Assurance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst) to join our team. You’ll contribute to Super.com’s strategy by validating our applications meet design specifications and requirements. You’ll participate in Agile practices and help develop scenarios for our automation end-to-end tests. You’ll conduct all manual testing practices for multiple verticals, ensure operational metrics for the team are met, and that our products meet the highest quality for our customers.
- Identify test requirements from product specifications and develop, document and maintain functional automated test cases to cover those requirements
- Assist the team in implementing testing strategies, creating test plans and test cases, and evaluating test outcomes
- Properly communicate test activities, tasks, and status
- Troubleshoot problems and report defects in JIRA
- Perform Exploratory Testing Sessions to test JIRA stories, bugs, and regression activities
- Engage and contribute actively during daily scrums, weekly grooming sessions, and all sprint rituals for each Mission Aligned Team you are a member of.
- Perform manual feature-level test cases and be able to replicate, and accurately report issues
- Ownership of Functional and Regression testing
- Contribute to overall process improvement initiatives, proactively assess and question the existing process
- Perform root cause analysis on bugs that come in from production
- Gather key metrics around software testing activities
- 5+ years in Software Quality Assurance
- Experience writing clear test cases
- Exhibits great drive and a deep sense of accountability - intent on squashing all the bugs
- Team player - works well with different roles and teams
- Possess a profound comprehension of the fundamentals of agile testing
- The capacity to assess and discover solutions for intricate issues
- Brings fresh new perspectives
- Excellent English oral and written communication
- Troubleshoot automation failures with other QA engineers
- Experienced with test management and defect tracking tools and associated reports
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and proven success in solution-finding
- Excels in a rapidly changing setting
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong risk analysis techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
Nice to have
- Experience with the Jira requirements management system
- Experience with the Git software revision control system
- Experience in Fintech, Travel, Ecommerce
We’ve got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.