Senior Product Manager - FinTech (Remote)
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
The Product team at Super.com is a high-performing and fast-paced team of product managers who are passionate about creating meaningful, impactful products that help our millions of customers experience more of what life has to offer. We champion the three key pillars of successful products: data-driven business outcomes, true understanding of who our customer is, and integration of magic. We create the roadmap for where the product is going, assess the impact it has on our customers and business, and ensure Super is a world-class product loved by millions of people. Our team is focused on building products that address real customer problems and drive business growth in close collaboration with cross-functional peers in engineering, data, growth, marketing, operations, etc. If you’re looking for a place to be stimulated, be data-driven, experiment, and push product strategy forward, this is it!
About this role
As the Senior Product Manager of the Lending and Money Movement team, you will lead a cross-functional Mission Aligned Team (MAT) to drive subscription retention for our subscribed ‘Pay’ users. You will do this by driving various metrics (approval rates, repayment rates, retention) of our lending product cash advance, reimagining lending needs of our customers to best fit the channels we serve and managing the money movement features of the Pay product. Your primary role is to identify opportunities, test and iterate to find product<>market<>model<>channel fit, develop and direct the product roadmap, develop go to market plans and execute with your MAT. This is a high visibility, high priority role, with close collaborations cross-functionally with all of our product verticals at Super, including various General Managers, C suite executives, Group product managers, and the functional working teams. We are seeking a candidate with a strategic mindset and a proven track record of effective communication and collaboration. The candidate should also have a deep comprehension of the customer needs as well as the competitive FinTech landscape in North America and must be located in the United States of America (USA), to work remotely.
- Own Outcomes and Prioritization of Roadmap: You effectively prioritize feature requirements to drive maximum outcomes with minimal effort, across engineering, design, and research teams to achieve the objectives defined. You will be fully accountable for the outcomes of your MAT and will showcase extreme ownership of the same.
- Spearhead Product Requirements: You will spearhead the product requirements for your team.. This includes defining product features and specifications in a well-defined product requirement document (PRD), You’ll justify projects against key company objectives and metrics. You will also aid the Group Product managers and GM in identifying future bets.
- Lead and Mentor Mission Aligned Team and other PM’s: At Super.com, we’re constantly helping each other uplevel our product management expertise. You as the Senior PM will help coach and mentor junior PMs to actualize the feature roadmap effectively. You will share best practices you’ve learned and adopted with the team to help uplevel them into future Senior PMs.
- Manage Stakeholders: The Lending and Money Movement team works closely with many cross-vertical teams and stakeholders. A key piece of your role is ensuring all relevant stakeholders, leadership and cross-vertical teams are aligned with the feature roadmap and build.
- Lead Experimentation & Data Analysis: You will guide by using experimentation as a tool to validate your hypothesis. At Super.com experimentation is at the core of how we build confidence in our ideas and we lead with data. You will back your roadmap and strategy through data analysis done by yourself, on Amplitude, and working with data teams on deep-dive assessments. You can dive into raw data sets and drive key insights, and summarize convoluted data insights into clear business strategies. You grasp what makes experiments effective and can bring this expertise in the way you help drive better experimentation within the organizations.
- Drive User Experience Mapping, Research and Design Collaborations: You will work collaboratively with designers, UX Research, Group, and the Director of Product to ensure the ideal user experience is clearly mapped out and validated with data. This creates the foundations for new product innovation and feature improvements.
- 3+ years of experience in product management, in lending, money movement or retention-focused product development, ideally in a FinTech company
- You’ve built and iterated upon MVP features and have experience building both 0-1 features and experimenting on them to help teams achieve 1-10 growth
- You’re detail-oriented and can write clear and detailed product requirements and specs with use cases
- You have the aptitude to dive into sets of raw data to draw key insights that can be used to drive business outcomes. You can summarize intricate data insights into clear business outcomes and insights and can effectively communicate this to stakeholders to drive outcomes. Experience with using Amplitude is a plus
- You are experienced with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence and Notion, and can effectively manage your team's roadmap, backlog and sprints through these tools. You are also practiced in coaching on effective rituals within the teams (grooming calls, sprint planning, stand-ups, retros, demos etc.)
- You are able to thrive in ambiguity with a flexible operating range and constantly call into question assumptions and biases
Nice to have
- Comprehensive knowledge of growing B2C lending and money transfer solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of scaling retention for a B2C product
- We rely on tools such as Amplitude, Jira, Confluence, DataDog, Looker, Google Sheets, Notion, SQL, Figma, storybook, and many more. The more you know, the better it would be.
We’ve got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.