Technical Product Manager (Remote)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
At Super.com, our engineering team is an exceptional strength of innovation and collaboration. We thrive on intricate problems and delivering high-quality, scalable solutions that drive our success. Our dozens of microservices and event-driven architecture handle thousands of requests and events per second, ingest over 1TB of data per day and process over $1MM per day in sales, while maintaining a 99.9+% uptime. There is close collaboration between Engineers, Product Managers (Technical and non-Technical), Designers, and QA in an agile, scaleup environment (that respects work/life balance). The Common Components & Shared Services team is no exception - this team is high-performing environment, addressing some of the organization’s most critical problems and maintaining the backbones of all of our products.
About this role
As our Technical Product Manager for the Common Component & Shared Services team, you will be accountable for the strategy, planning, and delivery of mission-critical engineering initiatives, driving meaningful impact and helping millions of customers experience more of what life has to offer. You will report to our Director of Engineering, and your immediate team will consist of some of the company’s most seasoned engineers. You will collaborate closely with other teams, including our CRM & Marketing Analytics teams. You will have the opportunity to have significant impact, working across verticals and driving cross-team roadmaps ranging from critical updates to our frontend design system to improved tooling for our marketing stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to interface with high-stakes audiences and represent the team (and company) externally. As the first TPM hire on this team, you will not only own the technical roadmap, but will be a natural communicator, seamlessly bridging the gap between the technical and the non-technical.
- Prioritize and achieve a clear technical roadmap while accounting for cross-team dependencies
- Interface with various PDLC stakeholders (Other PMs, Design, Engineering, Leadership) to drive cross-org initiatives
- Intake cross-team requests for prioritization, communicating timelines and estimations
- Scope third-party integrations and assess compatibility with our existing stack
- Evaluate build vs buy decisions and improve tooling decisions across the organization
- Lean on your technical experience to challenge assumptions and evaluate solutions
- Lean on your written techniques by creating presentations, design docs, PRDs, and technical documents to be consumed by both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology or a related field.
- Strong technical background, including solid knowledge of software development, system architecture, and relevant technologies.
- 2+ years in a product management role in a technical or software development environment
- 2+ years in a Senior Developer role or equivalent
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for effectively conveying technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Experience as a Technical Product Manager on a team that owns production services end-to-end for a customer-facing product
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience implementing marketing tech such as CRMs, automation, and marketing analytics
- Team leadership experience (though not necessarily people management)
We Got You Covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, and Weekly UberEats credit
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.