Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this role
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer you will be one of if not the most senior technical contributor on your team. You will tackle the most difficult technical challenges the team faces spanning both frontend and backend web development work. This will include building features for our fintech, travel, and/or superapp products along with the engines and frameworks that power them. You will predominantly work with React on the frontend, and a combination of Python and Node microservices on the backend. Other technologies you’ll work with include Gitlab, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Datadog, Amplitude, and Snowflake. You will report to an Engineering Manager. From a Senior Engineer you may grow on the IC track into a Staff Software Engineer or on the people track into an Engineering Manager.
- Ship projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and experience the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
- Own features, services, caches, and databases, including deployment, monitoring, debugging, and testing
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews and contributing to cross-team discussions on best practices
- Mentor junior developers
- Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the technical roadmap for future team projects
- Be data-driven and close to the customer, conducting experiments for nearly everything you launch
- We’re looking for highly-motivated self-starters who share our excitement for growth and impact
- Willing and able to work with both backend and frontend parts of the stack, though the proportion of time spent doing each will be influenced by the candidate’s interests and the team’s work
- Interested in building products in a scaleup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning
- Strong communicator, and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to: sprint ceremonies, quarterly project planning, and working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and able to drive complex projects end-to-end
- 4+ years of professional working experience in software development, including 2+ years of Python or Node on the backend, and 2+ years working with a modern frontend JS framework (ex. React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience working with web services / modern web technologies and comfortable tackling system design challenges
- Have mentored more junior developers
- Working experience across a breadth of our infrastructure, languages and stacks (React, Python, Node, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, Postgres, Redis, Datadog, Amplitude, and Snowflake)
- SQL / analytics know-how, and experience with devops concepts
- Experience in a startup or scaleup environment
- Worked closely with business stakeholders
This position is currently on hold, however we are still accepting applications. Thank you for your patience, as we try to get back to you as soon as we can.
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.