Corporate Accountant (Remote)
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About the Role:
We are seeking a diligent Corporate Accountant to assist the Accounting Manager in monitoring and maintaining our financial reporting processes. In this role you will work on high-impact projects around month-end close, accounts receivable reconciliations and collections monitoring, deep dives into accounting subject matters, cross-functional project work on accounting data integration topics, and assist in year-end audit activities, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
This role presents opportunities for career growth as the accounting and finance teams expand in support of the Company’s continued growth. The ideal candidate achieves at a high level, is very inquisitive and is able to re-imagine the possible by demonstrating a passion for improving systems and processes.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts, credit cards, and other general ledger balances to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Complete assigned month-end tasks including, but not limited to expense accruals, payroll reconciliations, and posting of general journal entries.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to gather necessary financial data and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Work with the FP&A team to assist in reviewing financial results and performance.
- Work with the Supply team to monitor collections of commissions from partners and perform detailed accounts receivable reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for external audits and provide necessary support during audit processes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within the finance and accounting functions to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Participate in cross-functional projects aimed at streamlining financial processes and systems.
- You have 2-3 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role focusing on accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and process-improvement skills.
- You have worked with US GAAP or IFRS accounting standards.
- Strong Excel training with experience working with and manipulating large data sets.
- You have incredible attention to detail and can be relied upon to provide thorough, well-reasoned and accurate results.
- You can work with a high degree of self-direction, and you have the aptitude to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate teamwork skills in a growing team.
- Experience with BI tools such as Periscope, Looker and Tableau is preferred, with working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience working with ERP accounting software. Netsuite experience is a plus.
This position is currently on hold, however we are still accepting applications. Thank you for your patience, as we try to get back to you as soon as we can.
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.