General Counsel (Remote)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
We are a team of attorneys and professionals with a can-do attitude. We roll up our sleeves and help chart a course through the various regulations and legal requirements to operate our three different businesses. No day is the same here and not a day goes by without learning something new.
About this role
We are looking for a General Counsel to join and drive our Legal Team. You will have the opportunity to engage in a wide range of matters with both internal and external partners.
- Serve as a high-contributing member of Super.com’s Leadership Team by counseling on strategic legal advice across a wide range of matters encompassing all functions of a fast-growing Travel Tech and Fintech business, including general corporate, corporate governance, commercial contracts, data privacy and security, intellectual property, employment, litigation and risk management
- Continue to build the internal legal function to support our growing organization by developing a roadmap to grow the team and scale our systems and processes without hampering our ability to operate with speed
- Manage, draft, review and negotiate a high volume of commercial contracts across the organization
- Seek opportunities to improve forms, processes and systems
- Provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters
- Select, retain and manage relationships and matters with outside counsels, as required.
- Prepare and deliver training and presentations to the employees, management, executives and the Board of Directors on various legal and compliance matters.
- Build, mentor, manage, and scale teams reporting to you
- Do a little of everything - We’re a small team and so there are opportunities to try lots of new things!
- 10+ years practicing law with a combination of law firm and in-house experience
- J.D. from an accredited institution and admitted to practice law in California or New York
- Foundational training at a national law firm (preferably Am Law 200) and technology industry experience
- General Counsel with start-up experience preferred, but we will consider compelling Deputy General Counsel candidates from larger tech companies
- Proven experience building and leading teams in high-growth environments.
- A strong track record of positive outcomes for those you have hired and managed in the past.
- Advanced knowledge of trademark and copyright, advertising, privacy and data use issues will be beneficial in this role.
- Able to learn quickly and able to lead teams in high-growth environments
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Proven ability to develop positive and collaborative relationships with internal partners
- Valid membership in a state bar
- Fintech / experience in dealing with fintech regulatory environment a plus
- You are able to give practical advice without having complete information. You break down issues into smaller issues and create logical progressions through them
- Public Company experience a plus
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working independently. You drive projects forward
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Litigation experience
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.