Associate Applications Engineer
"The battery is the technology of our time." -The Economist
Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands - including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and startups - depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
The Applications Engineering function at Voltaiq is technical, customer-facing, and deeply involved in the customer relationship from pre-sales, through onboarding, integration, customization, and ongoing support. Our ideal candidate is comfortable troubleshooting technical problems, has experience with data visualization, and comfortability with computer networking.
Our ideal candidate is also comfortable communicating and collaborating closely with customers. If you're interested in working with the world's leading tech companies and want to have a positive impact on how the world uses energy, this job is for you!
- Develop deep product expertise with Voltaiq software, and apply it to help solve our customers' most challenging battery engineering problems.
- Work with customers to maximize their engagement with and utilization of Voltaiq software, with the goal of long term adoption and subscription renewal.
- Understand customer needs; identify and promote Voltaiq-driven solutions.
- Work with the Customer Success team to monitor customer health, identify and work proactively to address customer issues.
- Provide technical expertise across the customer lifecycle, from initial onboarding through ongoing engagement, with a focus on post-launch support.
- Use identified customer needs to contribute to product development including product roadmap, feature planning, documentation and internal knowledge base, and software testing and validation.
- Contribute to internal R&D projects to establish Voltaiq's thought leadership at the intersection of battery engineering and data analytics.
- Up to 30% travel to customer sites and tradeshows
- Bachelors degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Superior creative problem solving and general troubleshooting capability.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive initiatives to their successful completion.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, high-demand startup environment.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Additional capabilities we’ll consider:
- Battery testing and/or battery-powered device engineering experience
- Knowledge of python or Matlab coding languages
- Experience with battery or general lab tester hardware and software
Voltaiq is a remote-first company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. The salary range for this position is $55,000- $80,000 +equity, depending on location and experience.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.