National Account Director
Director of National Accounts
- Do you go to extreme lengths to deliver for your customers?
- Don’t mind rolling-up-your-sleeves to make things happen?
- Looking for a career-defining role with startup-level upward mobility?
- How about wanting to build and learn with some of the brightest minds in logistics?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, welcome to W/:\RP – an optimized network of cross docks and carriers connected through one tech platform to bring shippers the best rates, transparency and service quality in the transportation industry. We’re a venture-backed core team of successful last mile logistics founders and operators setting our sights on the biggest most fragmented market we’ve ever gone after… the 2.1T global trucking freight industry. We just built Amazon's last mile service for every shipper not named Amazon with AxleHire, now we're doing it in the "middle mile" space with W/:\RP.
We are looking for a Director of National Accounts to join our fast growing sales organization. As a key member of the sales team, you will be obsessed with managing and expanding relationships with key national accounts. In addition, you will be the catalyst for revenue growth and margin expansion by developing tailored logistics solutions for your book of business. You will work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and VP of Sales to forecast account growth and expand footprint within your assigned book of business.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Develop and implement strategic account plans and quarterly forecasts to drive revenue and margin expansion
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers to grow wallet share through new contract, spot and project opportunities
- Deliver pricing proposals on new lanes or shipping locations and implement tailored logistics solutions with new and existing national accounts
- As the subject matter expert, monitor market trends, competitive advantages and industry developments and proactively position with decision makers
- Lead quarterly business reviews and onsite meetings when applicable
- Collaborate with dedicated customer service reps and operations team members to ensure scorecard requirements are exceeded; prepare customer action plans if warranted
- Acquire and onboard new shippers into the W/:\RP network through a complex sales cycle when time permits
- Partner with Chief Revenue Officer and VP of Sales to identity areas of growth and ways to strategically grow the partnership with national accounts
- 6 to 8 years freight experience at a reputable logistics company
- Proven solution selling skills and has grown national (enterprise) accounts
- Ability to negotiate and deliver complex pricing proposals to acquire or upsell business
- Strong problem solving skills and proven ability to find solutions
- Effective communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritize issues as they arise
- Comprehensive understanding of how to navigate a TMS, HubSpot and Slack